Using ICT-Based Educational materials have barriers and disadvantages.Some even say it does not help in education.But one of the major barriers for the cause of ICT not reaching its full potential in education is teacher’s attitude.Teachers who had not experienced ICT throughout their learning tend to have negative attitude towards it, as they may lack the training in that area of the curriculum.Another important drawback to using ICT in schools is the fact that computers are expensive.
But these are some of the disadvantages of using ICT – Based Educational materials:
- It promotes laziness – there is so much dependency on the machine such as the computer.
- It needs electricity – it is useless without electricity.
- It gives inaccurate and incomplete information.
- Information can be stolen and change.
- Teachers and Learners are influenced by technology.